Specialist Insurance for the Lift & Escalator Industry
Robert Gerrard has been insuring the needs of the lift industry for more than 40 years and is the UK’s leading lift insurance broker with the widest selection of policies available.
Over 500 companies enjoy the peace of mind of our specialist, all-encompassing Robert Gerrard Lift Plan® designed exclusively for lift engineers, consultants, designers and manufacturers.
Expert Advice, Personal Service
Thanks to our extensive experience of the lift and escalator industry, and understanding of the specific risks and issues faced, you have the benefit of expert insight and advice as you need it. Your dedicated personal contact is on hand to provide tailored guidance and a fast turnaround: cover can be arranged immediately and as it is produced in-house, documentation can be issued within a few hours in most cases.
Quality Cover, No Small Print
The Robert Gerrard Lift Plan is underwritten by Chubb European Group Limited, an AA rated insurer with S&P Global Ratings. This quality, longstanding scheme is well known for being free from small print so you can be clear on exactly what you are covered for. And there is added peace of mind too when it comes to budgeting, as rates have not increased for twelve years.
Major Key Benefits
- Public and products liability up to £10m on single policy
- Unlimited height/depth limit
- No hazardous locations exclusion
- Offshore extension available
- Long term policies available linked to low claims rebate
- Professional indemnity up to £100,000 with option to increase to £2m
- Financial loss up to £250,000
- Products recall up to £25,000
- Environmental liability up to £50,000
- Dedicated experienced claims handler
- Policy excess of £500 for third party property damage claims only
- No lengthy proposals to complete
- Documentation produced immediately in-house
Are you a Broker looking for a specialist lift industry policy?
Contact Carla Preston for expert, industry-specific advice.
Have you also thought about…
We also offer specialist advice on the following insurance services: